PDA

View Full Version : Some Clarifications on how Raid Mobs are and will be ranked.

Praetorian
10-19-2024, 11:01 PM
So, there were some curveballs thrown in with this past expansion that caused a bit of havoc with Guild Progression. Basically trying to keep guild progression as honest and straightforward as possible. Now, I dont know if everyone knows this but I am NOT allowed in the Raid Council for EQ2 despite my interactions in some capacity with most aspects of raiding in EQ2. This is because I am in a raid guild and our guild already has representatives in the raid council. News flash!! My own guild sometimes hates my thoughts and actions on progression! :) But, it is what it is.

I have barely had have any communication with Gninja (raid developer) regarding raiding since June of 2023 (going back through Discord history). So, when things affect raids I am just as blindsided as the rest of the community. I have practically no advanced notice to help plan these things. I dont know if the lack of communication is dictated by recent company policy or not but its just how it is. We used to speak on things nearly every expansion prior to Renewal of Ro. Not so much anymore.

With that being said, I am trying to prepare for any and all possible raid mob craziness so there wont be as many issues with whether mobs should or shouldn't be counted. So, I have been formulating some ideas because as with this recent expansion some raids are not 100% equal on every server. (Avatars not unlocking at the same time everywhere for instance).

So, to make sure things go smoothly I wanted to begin outlining things to make sure there are no questions moving forward. Feel free to comment on the thread (and even offer suggestions) as this contemplation on things will be quite fluid while new information on the upcoming expansion comes to light.

I want to set these expectations early because I dont want to subject individuals to the types of conversations that took place in the EQ2 discord for the Ballads of Zimara expansion.

What factors will have an effect on NOT counting towards ranked progression: (If any one thing is true, it will mark the encounter as not ranked progression)

1. The encounter is NOT part of the flawless buff.
2. The encounter is a randomly timed spawn (Contested).
3. The encounter is an event that can affect accessibility on each server.
4. The encounter is not linked to any kind of Resolve gear progression.

If there are more raid variations that wish to be discussed please post them below and I will engage them with you and consider those suggestions. Also, if any new raid stipulations are coming in the new expansion I will also adjust accordingly. I would like to have the expectations set ASAP.

Take care all,
Praetorian