Parah'Celsis
by Khatiru
Parah'Celsis has a few ae's.. arcane and elemental.. 1 is a knockback.. 1 is a snare (arcane)... a yellow screen that if you damage him it damages you until it wears off.. only 1 of these is curable btw

You will need to right-click him once he does his ritual to prevent him from escaping and initiating hard mode that brings you Waansu

He also has an effect that gives a 6% chance every 15 seconds to charm 2 people in your raid... The charm called Homicidal Madness will not be curable at first but after about 10 second you get another called Homicidal Magic that once cured cures the charm Homicidal Madness. Be sure to have ANYONE who can cure arcane to be ready to cure this. You can't have too many charmed people in your raid.

•Homicidal Madness (the charm spell) no longer affects fighters in your raid.

During the fight he will port to the center at the same time porting a good portion of the raid to the top of the ramp every minute... It is extremely important to run down and have at least 1 person on each of the pedestals on which the 4 statues are standing. You do not need to click the statues just stand on the pedestals. If you fail at this, you will get a statue add and well.. its pretty much a raid wipe... It is highly recommended that you use sprint to get there fast... Once you see Parah'Celsis move the danger has passed and you can reposition him until the next port.

Addition by EQ2zone: The statues do not HAVE to have someone standing by them for them to not to spawn. You just need to atleast touch the platform. So you could have a select number of people just assigned to run up and over the first two statues and go to the rear statues in the room. The statues near the front of the room will not spawn. This may free up some strategy for your raid force. A common place to tank Parah is right below his platform near a small box located there and placing the healers near the corner of the glowing terminal by one of the spawnable adds to lock them in and prevent them from being knocked back. This fight can be all about luck in who gets charmed and how often. If your tanks or healers in one pull are the ones ALWAYS getting charmed you will probably have issues. You may want to have your chanters ready to mez anyone who is charmed to prevent the additional damage to your raid. Especially from high dps classes that are charmed.

He does love to knockback (Catabatic Heatwave) as you are running to the statues which makes this fight a pita and the only reason to kill this dude really is for the quest that gives T2 shoulders...

If the charms are dealt with by your chanters well and you manage to get through the knockback for the platform running the only thing you need to survive is the onslaught of the three AOE's that come 5 seconds apart.

Good luck.
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Sude 02-11-2011, 08:08 PM

AE Mez against Pera should work as well if you aren't doing AE DoT's.

IronFingers 02-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Our last run through, we had an Illy cast Spellshield on their group's healer -- healer never got charmed, BUT the Illy was charmed much more often. In previous runs, when the Illy had SS on themselves, they never got charmed.

Also, I've had decent luck with using the Troub mez (Lullaby) on charmed people during the fight (we usually have Enchs mez'ing high-DPS ppl).

grendor 02-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Some classes have Red AE's and I assume these hit charmed players also.

Tigerwood 01-31-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Sude View Post
Honestly it's a lot easier to just killed the charmed folks and rez them. I suppose if you were going for a flawless or something you'd want to be careful, but otherwise, it goes a lot faster if you just blow it up.

This may be the reason why a raid leader might prohibit pets, because most pets AE. However, as I said, probably faster / easier to just burn it down and not worry about keeping charmed people alive.
thx for the info, I think so too but i tend to follow the leader lol

Sude 01-31-2011, 04:32 AM

Honestly it's a lot easier to just killed the charmed folks and rez them. I suppose if you were going for a flawless or something you'd want to be careful, but otherwise, it goes a lot faster if you just blow it up.

This may be the reason why a raid leader might prohibit pets, because most pets AE. However, as I said, probably faster / easier to just burn it down and not worry about keeping charmed people alive.

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings