Primus Pilus Gunnr + Challenge Version
by EQ-Raiders
This is arguably the easiest fight in this particular zone. This is the mob your raid force will want to start with.

Gunnr is a pretty straight forward mob. His AOE's do not hit for that much but he will spawn tank specific adds periodically through the fight. These adds are timed and are roughly 45-60 seconds spawn times.

The adds names are 'a misty warrior' , 'a misty bruiser' and 'a misty crusader'. The thing with these adds is that they can only be tanked by two of the three types of tank classes. They can NOT be tanked by the class which is the NAME of the add.

Warriors and Crusaders can tank the misty bruiser. Brawlers and Crusaders can tank the misty warrior. Warriors and Brawlers can tank the misty crusader.

If your dps is high enough you could just off tank the adds that spawn and pay them little attention if you like. You might get 4-5 of the adds during the fight at this pace. If your dps is too low on Gunnr you will get too many adds and they will begin to run around your raid.

This mob drops class specific gloves. Good Luck.

-------------------------------------------
Challenge Version
-------------------------------------------

Gunnr is not a whole lot different from the normal version than the challenge version. Aside from the typical enhanced damage he will do he only gains a curse ability that needs to be cured within 5 seconds or everyone of that same arch-type will be killed (priest, tank, mage, scout). The curse is called "Centurion's Slaying".

The same kind of add control is done on this fight as the normal version of the mob.

Fighter classes will also need to use their debuff on this mob that they gained from the X2.

If you are easily clearing this zone in normal mode you will most likely be able to kill this mob in challenge mode.
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Ammoguy 03-10-2012, 05:21 AM

Just an addition to the challenge mode since I did not see it listed. The adds will also kill all of the archetypes of anyone that pulls agro on them off of the tank designated to be fighting them. Works the same as if you missed the curse. Not a big deal unless you have folks that cannot manage thier agro properly but worth noting.

EQ-Raiders 09-14-2011, 05:41 AM

Let us know how it goes!

Wolfman350 09-13-2011, 10:51 PM

Going to try this tonight! Fingers crossed!

Sanction 07-28-2011, 02:03 PM

For crit chance if you view the buff that the mobs have it will state what their 'Critical Avoidance' is. Basically add 100% to that number and that gives you what crit chance you need to crit 100% of the time (of course this doesn't take into account any abilities a name has to lower your crit chance).

If I remember correctly the crit chance needed for HM Gunnr is about 210.

Vosk 07-28-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks for this. Looking back at my post I should have made it clear that I was talking about the HM instance. We will return there shortly but need to get the CM for a couple of key classes up a little. The 180 minimum seems like a good starting requirement. Thanks for the clarification.

Any views on the level of crit chance would also be very welcome!

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings