Enraged War Boar
by EQ-Raiders
The Enraged War Boar, product of a player exploiting the zone's trash drops, is a fairly simplistic fight.

Aside from the standard moderately heavy Noxious AOE's there are four adds that spawn roughly 30 seconds into the fight and then every 45 seconds or so thereafter. These adds are timed and must be killed within 30 seconds. If the adds are not killed in time you will fail the encounter as the War Boar will absorb the adds, grow in size, and murder your raid.

The War Boar also has a Red Text AOE Joust that could/should be jousted because it can not be absorbed by the MT but it does increase damage on your tank and drain his power. If your raid has enough crit chance you can keep the boar in the same spot and out heal the extra damage. The debuff on the tank from the red text lasts about 5-7 seconds.

Setup your MT group in a good position for a back and forth fight and the rest of your raid behind the MT group ready to pick up adds and burn them down quickly. That is all there really is to this encounter.

Your raid will need upwards of 390%-400% Critical Chance just to do any decent heals or dps for this encounter so come prepared. If you come with less Critical Chance the damage the named puts off will be more than your outgoing heals will be. The same goes for the dps on the adds, less crit means less dps on the adds.

0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Nijea 04-11-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Demilitch View Post
You don't. PoW is a full challenge mode zone.

yea i found that out after i posted my questiion, thanks for answering though

Demilitch 04-11-2013, 04:47 AM

You don't. PoW is a full challenge mode zone.

Nijea 04-11-2013, 03:41 AM

so how does a raid take this name out of challenge mode?

EQ-Raiders 09-17-2012, 12:01 AM

Video Added.

tillis 08-29-2012, 06:01 PM

adds always come 35-40 seconds after the pull, then spawn 55-60 seconds after that. Until Warboar is dead.

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings