Sparerib
by Edrickx
The mob has a couple different adds that spawn and can be burned down with moderate DPS. Make sure your tank keep their snaps up because Sparerib will drop hate now and again.

Contributed by: Boduar
There are 2 metal plates on the ground the boss, tank, and person with incurable curse need to be on one with everyone else in the raid being on the other. If you do that it will only hit MT + the person who originally had the incurable. However pulling this off wastes a lot of time and its easier to just aoe block + burn it. Theres also the problem of people getting feared off the plates while attempting to do this in which case the curse ends up hitting pretty much everyone.

Contributed by: Quijana

Has two buffs on him: 1) Vitality of V'uul: 140% crit bonus and 120% crit avoidance. 2) Splattering Grease: If you can't stand the heat...
Attempting to debuff with the TOFS x2 debuff and dispel magic did not get rid of either of those buffs. However it may have allowed us to not get or keep the Tidings of War incurable arcane.
Tidings of War: Incurable arcane that debuffs beneficial critical chance by 130%.
Fricassee: Incurable curse: Hunger is the best sauce in the world....
Decreases Crit Chance of target by 200.
Increases the amount of critical damage inflicted to target by 50%.
Cannot be modified except by direct means.
One person gets this incurable curse and spreads Curable Hunger Curse to raid. Running away if you had the curse did not work; still spread to raid. AoE block seemed to work, but the incurables came very close together. Targeting Sparerib and spamming your /hungry macro seemed to work! Will need to test more.
Hunger: Curable Curse: Decreases ability reuse, casting, recovery of targets in area of effect by 50% and reduces healing received by 25%.
V'uularian Death Strike crushing AoE comes shortly after adds and deals massive damage
Adds are heroic thieving butchers and heroic a steam scorcher. They are mezzable, stunable, etc.
Occasionally fears and also memwipes.
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Deesire 09-23-2011, 01:47 PM

My guild has only pulled this mob once and this encounter was one of the easiest ones, we just all positioned on the plate in front of the mob and burned him down. 2 of us got the fear, but mob was dead in a matter of 30 secs so wasn't that big a deal. Was the first time in the zone for all of us, we really enjoyed it was fun and new

Aceshot 09-23-2011, 09:38 AM

I think it only spreads to people between you and sparerib. Try that.

sdrax251 09-22-2011, 07:31 PM

We pulled the mob into the corner where he stands. Whenever the curse came up, we had a few folks spamming the /hungry macro (both on the person who got cursed, and on Sparerib). As far as I know we didn't do anything else special, and we never had the curse spread. I'll have to go back to my log and see whether or not the person cursed was doing the emote at all, not sure that they did.

t-bot 08-16-2011, 05:38 AM

agree aoe block is a great way to stop the spread of the curse on other

raist66 08-16-2011, 12:24 AM

We just wait until the incurable curse goes up on someone then pop AE avoidance to avoid the first curse from hitting everyone and BURN the named. The OT just picks up the adds and holds them while everyone focuses on the named. We usually get the curse eventually but bull through it.

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings