Sargon The Destructor
by EQ-Raiders
Sargon the Destructor is a small DPS check and is a rather easy fight. There are no aoe's to really watch out for other than effects gained by adds.

The main obstacle in this encounter is handling the 4 adds that will spawn every 45 seconds or so. The adds are called, "Malignon" Crusader, Blackguard, Prelate and Voidcaller. These adds do have a decent amount of hp so a raid hurting on dps might struggle with this.

Sargon will absorb 1 or 2 adds depending on your raids dps. You will want to leave ONE of the adds up at all times or it will empower Sargon. The adds have the following abilities that they give Sargon 'if' Sargon absorbs them:

Blackguard- Memwipe
Prelate- Venemous Rain AOE - Massive Power Drain
Voidcaller- Destructive Control [Charm] lands 15-20 seconds after absorb, wears off after the following add absorb.
Crusader- Crusader's Touch of Death is extreme divine damage if the same target that is marked holds aggro for too long, switching aggro in time will prevent the massive damage. (similar to the first named in Underdepths)

If Sargon absorbs nothing he gets a "Destructive Aura of Leadership" buff which adds a nasty proc and things like AOE auto, damage multiplier etc..

Choose which abilities you do NOT want to deal with and make sure you kill them in the order of which abilities you DONT want to see. Manage the adds and kill the named. Grats on loot!
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Maelstrom64 07-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Well we pulled this mob very recently and witnessed no absorbs either.

It is possible through excessive dps or burning them evenly, Sargon does not get a chance to absorb them. It could be a combination of a recent update changing the amount of time until absorb and/or just incremental dps across the board. He used to always absorb one of the 4, sometimes 2 because those were the ones that had the most health when the others were killed.

However.. when we killed all adds, Sargon did not get "Destructive Aura of Leadership" as he will only get that if 6+ adds are up (At least used to be the case). He says something about his army overpowering you at this time.

Sanction 07-06-2012, 04:59 AM

Lol well now that is a very good question, I have no answer for that. The guild I'm in has always just killed all the adds attempting to kill the tank last and just dealt with the resault.

Quigly4000 07-06-2012, 02:31 AM

If thats the case then I'm confused by this portion of the strategy.

"Sargon will absorb 1 or 2 adds depending on your raids dps. You will want to leave ONE of the adds up at all times or it will empower Sargon. The adds have the following abilities that they give Sargon 'if' Sargon absorbs them:"

We killed him again today and burned all the adds down. He got a nice damage proc each time even when every add was killed. Half way through we decided to keep two adds up. He still got a damage buff and never absorbed the adds we left up nor did we notice any other special abilities.

Was still no trouble bringing him down but we can't seem to replicate what is supposed to happen during the fight according to this guide hehe. Maybe next time we'll ignore adds completely and see what happens.

Sanction 07-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Probably like a lot of fights if you get a second set of adds without killing the first the name gets a buff to make him stronger, just a simple dps check. Not killing the adds would make this script useless so I'm sure if you get two sets of adds a fail effect triggers in some way.

Quigly4000 07-02-2012, 09:57 PM

I don't see sargon absorbing any adds when we do this fight. We kill 3.. and leave one up. Another set of 4 spawns and the one from the previous round just stays alive and attacking.

We also noticed he was getting the buff as if no adds were up to absorb pretty much every round. We ended up killing him anyway but despite leaving the blackguard up he never absorbed one during the fight once and kept getting the nasty buff on himself. I guess next time we should try leaving 2 of the adds up?

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings