Baroddas / Baelon
by EQ-Raiders
It's not often your tanks go into a fight with the purpose of not getting hit at all. There are sceptres you get off earlier names in the zone that you use specifically for this fight.

Position yourself in the water to the right of his area with your DPS in the middle and a tank at either end as far away as the sceptres will work. Sceptres are an automatic 24 threat position clicky. The tank farthes will use their clicky to get the gorilla to run at them, when it gets close they give an audible and have the other tank use theres. This keeps the gorilla running between them without hitting them.

When the fight begins you will get a buff which will allow you to cast and move. Casters rejoice. You dps the mob while chasing him between the 2 tanks.

There is a trauma based AoE which will pop you up in the air if you aren't swimming in the water. Stay off the edges and out of the shallow water. Bring your own trauma potions with you because as the deaths go up so does the mob's AoE dmg, HP, ect. He gains in power as you die.

Challenge Mode:

To begin challenge mode you must have your raid force burn down the idol that spawns where u pulled Baroddas from when he reaches 90%. Once the idol is burned down Baelon will come through the gate....

The Baroddas fight will remain the same, the challenge mode is all in dealing with Baelon. Baelon has a frequent hate dump and teleports random people under the trees in the field, and commonly tries to run to them.

Start the encounter by having someone pull Baroddas and burn him down 10% (Have a tank hold Baroddas for this, think Paladin Stonewall or Monk Tsunami) then either have staff people start bouncing him or one person kite him while you fight Baelon.

Designate 2-3 people to stay in the field freeing those teleported, these should be decent dps toons that can break through vines fast and maybe a healer incase they die. Note: the binds can be hit by the person trapped but they will still need to be healed and if not a dps class it will take a while to break free. The person who is teleported to the tree will get an incurable curse, use that curse to hunt them down in the field.

The rest of the raid (3 groups or so) burns the idol and fights Baelon, cure everything and stay back as far as you can, his aoes can be fierce and he has a massive hit box. Rotate tanks as needed for the hate dumps. For the most part this is a survive the aoe and hate dump turn and burn fight.

Once Baelon is dead have the raid resume killing Baroddas as they would in easy mode (staffs or tank kiting).
0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Comments
You do not have permissions to add comments.
Jeff383z 08-16-2013, 10:14 PM

The Mem shuffle/wipe happens at the same time as thulian crush. watch for it, it is a time-able AOE that occasionally comes late. There is also some association to pets triggering the memwipe. I don't believe it is truly the pets, but the number of people fighting. If you are doing this shorthanded, say with 18 toons, you have 6 raid slots that could be filled by pets. This includes temp pets: ranger attack hawk, wizard protoflame, all the summoner temp pets, brig band of thugs, and so forth, but it also included summoned pets that attack ( not deity pets)... shaman dogs, chanter pets/summoned essences, summoner pets... all of them. When we stop using all of those the memwipes have been confined solely to the ones that coincide with Thulian Crush. Also of note... it seems to be an actual wipe. not a shuffle, AND it only seems to hit people in range of the Thulian crush AOE, making this a bit of dps check, as anyone down dealing with barrodas or the vines will never have their hate position wiped, and as the fight drags on they will be the ones that Barrodas wipes to more and more often, and there he goes down the ramp after them...

hathahrk 08-15-2013, 10:00 AM

I tried numerous times to figure find it, it don't seem to be based on %, on time, or a timer, and nothing show on the log about it

Demilitch 08-14-2013, 03:20 PM

Baelon has the same mem shuffle that Oligar does and I am pretty sure its on a fixed timer that can be put on a trigger in ACT/Raidhub.

hathahrk 08-14-2013, 03:02 PM

someone told me that being killed while in one of the root could be the trigger for the memwipe, but i wasn't able to confirm it.

Maribella 05-16-2013, 01:57 PM

So having pets up or down doesn't make a difference? I thought there was an association to mem-wiping/shuffle to deaths (including pets) -- no?

Ratings
Submitter Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Rating
Is this strategy helpful?:
User Ratings