Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  12

View Poll Results: Revert Summons Raid Zone Progression?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

29 48.33%
  • No

31 51.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

I rarely post on things like this but honestly changing things at this stage in the expac is a bit ridiculous. Guidelines on this need to be set from the start and not randomly changed throughout the expac multiple times because no one can make up their minds or don't like where something places them. Granted, extenuating circumstances may need a change once in a blue moon, but not this ping-pong stuff all the time. It is getting old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wolfman4 View Post
    Not true. The plants were individual kills from the beginning but for some unknown reason 2 of the plants were given more points than the other two and the argument was made to change them all to the same point value. The imbalance of points turned into luck on who killed the higher point mobs first. It was then arbitrarily decided to just lump the plants together which was the original wrong decision. They should have all been given the same point value and LEFT as individual kills because each one is required for progression of the flawless buff....the same way the two Golem are each a T1 progression kill. So it needs to be changed back to what it was in the beginning and correct the incorrect point values.
    Lets not spread misinformation. No encounters were worth more than others just arbitrarily. I went over this in a previous post. If you dont understand how the progression scoring works, just ask please. I will be more than happy to explain it one on one. Some plants were worth LESS because more guilds killed those first. There was 4 to choose from and some of the plants were just chosen more than others by luck of the draw. Same with the fairies. The guilds that got more points on one plant would have gotten less on the others so they would have balanced eachother out eventually. Every mob starts with the same point value every time based on its raid tier. It never changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Solange View Post
    I rarely post on things like this but honestly changing things at this stage in the expac is a bit ridiculous. Guidelines on this need to be set from the start and not randomly changed throughout the expac multiple times because no one can make up their minds or don't like where something places them. Granted, extenuating circumstances may need a change once in a blue moon, but not this ping-pong stuff all the time. It is getting old.
    Again, just so people dont get misled there was no ping ponging of any kind. Its pretty simple. Zone opened up. Zone has particular progression mechanic where you can only choose 2 of 6 mobs to kill per zone in. Guilds use Reset items (that some other guilds didnt have) and also used alts to open additional instances to get more pulls on encounters than would normally be allowed. (Gninja brought this very subject up and warned guilds of it) So, naturally people complained about it being unfair that some guilds new this ahead of time because of beta testing or exploiting or whatever and started a large discussion on discord. Hardly anyone argued against them at the time. Had there been more push back to NOT change things, they might not have been changed. But there were many more voices to condense the encounters as thats what was done. One modification. Not many times throughout the expansion. So please dont mislead people.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say that I appreciate everyone chiming in though. There isnt an overwhelming majority voting yes right now and there is still just as many no votes. I dont think changing it after all this time without a vast majority would be the correct action to take. I still thank you guys for providing your comments on the subject regardless of your position. For those who brought up this topic about possible change dont feel anger for those voting No and vice versa for those voting Yes. Its good that people stay involved. I might operate the site but this site is still part of whats left of the raiding community... and raiding and what it means for those of us who do it means alot to me. Otherwise I wouldnt keep paying for this shit. lol.

This game lately hasnt been easy for alot of us old time raiders. The competitive spirit in working on content and racing against your fellow peers hasnt really been as fulfilling lately. So, it can be frustrating. I get it. I am not bitter against anyone. Everyone is passionate in what their point of view is on this subject because not everyone sees things in the same light. Which is why I will never be angry at anyone for voicing their displeasure at something. So, if anyone has subjects to bring up beyond this thread you can DM me on the EQ2 Discord and Ill be more than happy to answer best I can.